Monday, December 31, 2007

Retrospection & resolutions

Umm... Can I tame the present to shape a better future ? May be yes. My grey cells were howling to get that "synaptic knob" which held the key to my present and future. 5 minutes of juggling from one unfinished thought to another , which felt like eternity , i stumbled on my resolutions of previous year. I had four resolutions.

1. To read one book per week - My total tally for last year is 53 one more than the expected.
2. To propose the girl i loved(tense is important!) - I did, unfortunately her resolution for 2007 was to say no to all the guys .
3. To learn a foriegn language - ich liebe deutsche.
4. To learn Violin - I figured where to study, now thats what i call progress.

Even though not a good year ,from the above statics it seems that i did have a great year.

Now itself, I have started to miss 2007.But then i know time wont wait for me, it never did.
Auf Wierdesehn 2007.




The convergence completed, i had my resolutions for 2008.
1. This will be my last new year in India - No its not Houdini act that i am going to disappear.
2. To learn Violin - I would do my solo before the year end.
3. I would take the photograph of a woman(not nude!) having an absolute black hair with a streak of white running from the forehead - i would name it Spes,after the Greek Goddess of Hope.

I know I dont have the power over my future but i do have the control over my present. Living in the present i would make 2008 good year(Dont count that a resolution!).

Happy new year!












2 comments:

Supernova said...

wow...2007 really sounds great for u. where r u plannin to welcum 2009?
and dis black hair wid a white streak..u lukin for a long haired version of indira gandhi style..n dat too natural?
keep looking :0
n yaa...happy new year.

BaKfIrE said...

Definetly not in India... spes is the godess of hope...was indira a hope ?? i dont knw that. My spes should have long hair...not a bobbed one.