Friday, February 01, 2008

The paradox.


I started wearing coolers. The dark ones, you know, which covers your eyes completely. I can see everybody but nobody can see me. They don’t see my eyes and eyes tell stories, Stories that I don’t want the world to see.
When they see me, I smile. I want them to happy, we go to places, pull each other’s leg, sometime quarrel and then reconcile. Behind the dark coolers, unknown from them I search her. Just a last glance that’s all I need. They ask me to sing, a line or two from yester years. In sweet remembrance of her smile i sing. They applaud, I smile again. One more they say, I ask which one. The one in which she departs is what they want, for the music that soothes their ears I sing those tearing lyrics. And when the music dies away, they clap again, I say thank you .
While on the beach, everybody is off with their better half. For a moment, that feeling of loneliness creeps to me. I want to be with her, and watch this glorious sunset. Salty sea breeze wakes me gently from my dreamy dream. They are coming back, one by one. I say I do not want to come to beach if the they are going to treat me this way. You don’t need to be alone, they say. They make fun of me for being alone and sitting with another friend, who is a guy, and watch the sunset. I laugh at them, and walk towards the sea to have a game with her. Others follow, we fight, throw each other so that waves can catch us. After much shouts and hooliganism we leave her to rest.
With wet foot covered in sand we watch movie in the hall. I check the seat to my left, there is nobody. I check to my right, there is everybody! Am I in the center? Or am I just left out. They call me, compares me with the hero. The movie doesn’t have a heroin. I smile at them. And when the end comes, I see a tear or two in few. They say it was a good movie. I smile again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.

BaKfIrE said...

@n :)... I believe in miracles!

Anonymous said...

optimist!!! ...but miracles seldom happen in cases related to da heart :)

Supernova said...

Awsum post bakfire....u dint fail my theme, u just went way beyond it.
as fro miracles, dey happen ONLY in cases of heart.

Preetha Nair said...

I used to be a regular here...
somehow skipped in between and I see there are lots of posts up on your sleeve...

Read the Paradox, and I smiled with an irony...

Keep writing.

BaKfIrE said...

hmm....so what kept you off from my blog....just for an evaluation.

hehehe :)

Preetha Nair said...

aalsi
bhulakkad
......I could go on...

U need more ?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Came back after long time, to find this wonderful post... :)

BaKfIrE said...

sk@welcome back....it was for theme based writing spree...but i guess theme was already there. thanks:)