Thursday, November 06, 2008

Another mistake....

4 years had passed since we last met.

I was tensed. My heart was pumping in a rhythm that showed the unrest in me, yes I wanted to see her but was unaware how she would take it.

Destiny played it best to avert such a meeting, but somewhere, with a golden pen it was already written and whatever the forces that tried to ebb it away… failed.


In that corridor, in the midst of pain and anguish, I saw her.

In that divine white coat, she was an angel for everybody in pain …..And for me too.

Countless neurons calculated and recalculated the next decision…turn and walk away.


Before by reflexes could get accustomed and agree to it, she saw me.


From the midst of aching and wailing bodies, she waved me to wait, with that ever intriguing smile.


I nodded, even before I could think.

…………………………………………………………….

May she would have come to the end of that long corridor, to find the empty white bench.


Life had many mistakes; I had added one more to it then.

4 comments:

Preetha Nair said...

lovely!!!
very well written.!!!

Supernova said...

Fabs! So human mind ruled over destiny...for the time being ;)

BaKfIrE said...

preetha : Thank you maam

SuperNova: What for the time being ? i say ppl curse everything on destiny the moment they fail....that word is just a veil to hide!

Anonymous said...

Why didnt you wait? May be things would have been different now. But then your previous post says you have already planned about vacating the bench.
Another good one. So I think I will continue to hope that you write everyday.
Lovely !