Saturday, July 07, 2012

A Walk Across

This road takes to the north of the Sydney Opera House. From there, We can have a majestic view 
of the Opera house and the Harbour bridge. You are wearing a pink frock which has little white 
flowers interleaved on it. A dark tinted shades covers those beautiful eyes. We are walking leisurely. You are holding my hands. In between, you rub your fingers around my palm. And as 
usual, you are chattering a lot. And as usual, I am listening to you.

After a brief walk through botanical gardens, we reach the New South Wales Museum. This building is made in a late 17th century style. Over the side walls, on the top, the names of  the great thinkers from Europe have been inscribed. Below them there are depicts from the great  battles of 19th century fought by Australians. I laugh at these and say to you that its funny  that they don't have anything which actually goes beyond the last 100 years. You nod as if agreeing with me. But, I know that you are dying to see the Opera house and the Harbour bridge from far. So we walk on without entering the museum. And anyway both of us were not a museum-type-couple :)

We cross the museum and walk further. The road ahead forks into two. In between these two paths, lush green lawn spreads till far. Instead of taking the pedestrian pathway. We walk on the grass. Cool breeze from the harbour is flowing across our face. From there, we could see the sea. We walk towards it. 

You are in a blithesome mood, commenting on everything you see around. I follow you like a shadow. Laughing at your antics. Sometimes you stop in between to hug me and give few pecks on my face. Your moist lips leaves a wet mark on my cheeks. I don't wipe them off. I follow you,  letting you lead me to harbour.

We hold our hands and walk on the sandy path around the Harbour. There, we see the opera house from the north face and beyond it is the Harbour bridge. Sun is setting and it spreads a yellow cast over the sky. But the blue sky is not willing to go away, so it mixes together to form a greenish hue. Across and above the Harbour bridge there are small patches of clouds. They are moving towards some unknown destination. Northerly winds is helping them in their endeavour. 
Slowly the tide is raising. Waves are beating around the embankments of pathway where we are 
standing. Little water droplets are falling on our faces but we are not minding it. After a 
long time since we left from the room, you are silent. You came near to me and hold my hands 
tightly and then rest your head on my shoulders. And we watch the sun going down the horizon.

2 comments:

AaaDee said...

very nice..!! your words n the portrayals are amazing !!

BaKfIrE said...

@AaaDee:Thanks. Now this reminds me that its been long since i wrote something.

Time to rack my brains.