Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pages to read

It is a different feeling when you read a book.

Right from the fresh smell of paper that was printed and packed before drying till the last page where you see THE END with a graphics you would soon forget, it is a immensely joyful experience. No less than an orgasm, if you ask me.

In between those two cover pages, you see a world without breathing a single whiff of air.

I remember being at the great battle of Marathon when Greek fought the Persians. From there I found myself to be listening to Krishna speaking to Arjuna about Karma. Yet, again I got shocked when Hal replies to Dr. Bowman in the most cunning way ever. Then, I almost touched the Bamboos through which Amitava Ghosh showed Sunderbans. I could smell each cigarette Fusun lit in Museum of Innocence.  And I was everywhere where my author took me. Sometimes hidden, sometime out in open.


I wish I could live in between the pages. Lost among words and punctuation.



PS: After a long time read an excellent book - Cutting for Stones by Abraham Verghese

No comments: