Wednesday, March 29, 2006

GRE - Ghostly ride entrusted

March 23,2006 - not like just another day . It was or might be the D day of my life. I gave my GRE on this wonderful day. Somewhere in the ETS site its not said to be there at the test centre half an hour before the appointment time - and as usual i was there not just half an hour before but a more than that. I was of the fear that i might missthe GRE bus if late but in the end i did miss it by around 80 pts .
It was 4 hours ordeal and i havent taken any test for that much time in my life but for one time(i believe ) its fun. The first session was writing about an Issue for which i gave a lucid and long writing of around 650 words now if there is point reduction for the essay being lengthy then i might loose some . The second session was more interesting than the first one . As i am always best in analysing the arguement i gave a decent shot about why i would end up having a low score in this session. Maths was always my favourite and it never ever have ditched me . The standard of the questions were of CAT and i was literally sweating in that Air conditioned room. At one point of time i thought why i took GRE itself i could have done with the CAT . Then it became all foggy and i was in a transcended state. From then on i didnt have any problem marking the bubbles you know why ? because i still remembered 'inky pinky ponky, father had a donkey,.........' . I dont know when i finished it and suddenly the verbal section started. Even if i had the OXFORD Dictionary besides me i would still have marked the wrong answer . But the twist in the tale was that i was able to answer it most of them ( rather i think i answered them correctly) . I was just cruising along then the a long paragraph poped up in front : - a reading Comphrension , this thing you not only need to read but also to comprehend , I bet on my life even the author of these didnt have a clue thats why they gave us to COMPREHEND. If any GRE guy is looking for anyone of these kind i got a clue of where to find them - Look out for any national level mental asylum . The ordeal extended for 20 min more and then it ended in subdued manner. Like 'THE END' part comes for a movie the score submission part came, i thought for a sec 'i dont know about the writing, i screwed up the quant, i am looser in the verbal(even though it was better than ever) should i ??" my index finger guided itself to the enter key and alas i had done it .
I scored 1320/1600 540/800 - verbal 780/800 -Quant. Now dont ask me how it happened . Thats why i still holds my golden rule ' Never expect anything' - Ghostly ride thus came to its finale. And i quietly left the room, may be some university would accept me, as a NITian with a flare to dare and shake things . The journey however rusty wont end here. right??

No comments: