Saturday, April 11, 2015

The butterfly effect

Top ten things that I have done so far because of very simple reasons (which if others heard would put me in mental asylum)

1. Going to Istanbul because I wanted to see Museum of Innocence based on the book by Orhan Pamuk which was given to me by friend to understand what love is all about. 

2. Going to cemetery at 12:00 in the night. They said dead came on back on the day they died to know who attended their funeral and who loved them. I wanted to tell that I loved even after death. 

3. Covering 800 Km in 17 hours through crowded roads of West Bengal to catch flight from Calcutta. The connection train was late. So we had to do it and we survived at least 4 accidents on the way. Just to reach back my hostel room because I had to process my photos

4. Walking alone in the Panther zone when Panther alert was still on. I was scared of Panthers. I wanted to shed those fears so I walked not just once but twice to see if there are any panthers. I did not find any.

5. Continuously swimming 10 laps in the Pool.  I learned swimming in the river, when I was learning how to swim I couldn't cross from one bank to another. To me reaching the other side of the river was a distant dream. 10 laps or 500 m was more or less the distance I had to swim to reach the other side of river. Next is to cross the river when flooded just like my grandfather used to do.


6. Jumping behind the old fellow while crossing the Chanderkhani pass in Himalayas to catch him. I thought I could not live peacefully if I did not try to save him. Both of us were saved by the Sherpas. :)

7.  Calling her on the eve of her marriage to wish her a happy married life.  I thought I should say it and I really wanted her to know that I meant that. 

8.  Going to Iceland to see northern lights. Ever since, Elsey teacher (may her soul rest in peace), described Aurora Borealis in 7th standard I wanted to see it.  I did not see it. I would go again. 

9.  Joining the  programme in Bombay instead joining the University of Pennsylvania. I fell in love with Bombay from the moment I set foot there.

10.  Burning the Medicine acceptance card. Else I would still be in the Med school, without graduating. 


 Some of them are really stupid and some really weird. But isn't that what makes this life worth living ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NONE of those things are stupid. You just did what you felt like- thats the recipe for living a regret free life. That's brave!

But then, 'they' do say there is slim line seperating bravery and stupidity.
Good thing you don't really care about 'them' :D

BaKfIrE said...

Haha very true!!